View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 04:21 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
boreas

I call sobriety the best decision I ever backed into. Like many here, I had read lots about sobriety before I quit, so was fairly educated on how others found success. My quit day wasn’t planned, it was just the day I decided I was too tired to go on.

The plan for me is that I am not bora minus booze. Sobriety was a life change and part of larger personal growth. Over time I took up an ever strenuous exercise routine, cleaned my diet up even further, got back into yoga, and spent more time with DS. I also read here daily or almost, and kept an electronic journal of meaningful words of wisdom and notations about my drinking consequences so I have a reminder if needed. I also delved into the reasons I drank in the first place.

Wine was my BFF and go-to comfort and coping. I had to have a plan for what to do instead. I think there are tools people use with great success (AA, therapy, rehab) but those not the only paths. But what is required IMO is an understanding that just eliminating booze doesn’t fix such a deep rooted issue.
Best wishes!
-bora