View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 03:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoberRican

Two hundred and nineteen days

Good morning fam. Happy Monday? Lol. Well up at four am today. Not as bad I did lay down early. Went to place me and my girlfriend go to eat and really really like. Yes it has a bar which is where we go eat in bar area cause there's no waiting first come first serve for tables. I know some folks be like I cant do the bar scene or whatever. I get it. But hear me out. I'm sure you have your old watering holes where they knew your poison and served it soon you walk to bar. 219 days ago I would of been cool points. Fast forward now and they are seeing that we come every week. So now they know our names and guess what? They know what I drink . water with a small bowl of lemon wedges. The food there I cant talk enough about it is outstanding.. Dont know where I was going with this. But anyways. Lol. I did want to say something fam. Those of us on this journey or want to start this journey. Try it fam. Stick it out with sobriety this holiday season. Give yourself the gift of sobriety every single day and the holidays, even with all of their baggage, can transform from something to be dreaded into something to be cherished. ✌