Notices

Two hundred and nineteen days

Old 12-09-2019, 03:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Two hundred and nineteen days

Good morning fam. Happy Monday? Lol. Well up at four am today. Not as bad I did lay down early. Went to place me and my girlfriend go to eat and really really like. Yes it has a bar which is where we go eat in bar area cause there's no waiting first come first serve for tables. I know some folks be like I cant do the bar scene or whatever. I get it. But hear me out. I'm sure you have your old watering holes where they knew your poison and served it soon you walk to bar. 219 days ago I would of been cool points. Fast forward now and they are seeing that we come every week. So now they know our names and guess what? They know what I drink . water with a small bowl of lemon wedges. The food there I cant talk enough about it is outstanding.. Dont know where I was going with this. But anyways. Lol. I did want to say something fam. Those of us on this journey or want to start this journey. Try it fam. Stick it out with sobriety this holiday season. Give yourself the gift of sobriety every single day and the holidays, even with all of their baggage, can transform from something to be dreaded into something to be cherished. ✌
Old 12-09-2019, 04:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 19 here for me SoberRican. I haven't been to a restaurant yet that serves alcohol. I'll get there likely in the new year. For now I am content at home and at the places that there is no booze. Your post is encouraging though, as have been a few of your more recent posts, that people like me can look forward to getting back into the cultural mainstream eventually. I am already realizing that self-isolation is not a good solution to any of life's problems either. Just a necessity for me in the next few days or weeks. Love your posts.
Old 12-09-2019, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats!
Old 12-09-2019, 05:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey 19 days is progress my friend. Keep doing what you doin. Life is good sober brother real talk. Once I threw the towel in. Things changed big time.as will with you.also . you will dig it. I promise you ✌
Old 12-09-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great post as always, SoberRican. What did you eat? I'm much more about the food these days. Water is my jam too. Hold the lemon.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The place is super famous for their chicken fingers. . been trying all sorts of stuff. The nachos. Prime rib sliders. Burgers. Pork chop. Chili. Shrimp. Yes its that good lol
Old 12-09-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Im an iced tea, no sugar extra lemon person.

I'll say it again, you'd be a great counselor, especially teens.

You'd sure get ME thinking sobriety is fun and cool if I was on the fence about it.

Congrats
Old 12-09-2019, 07:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you sir for the update! We all appreciate it.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

In the near future I'll be hitting up some halal restaurants as none of them serve alcohol and I love middle eastern food. mmm kebab...
Old 12-10-2019, 04:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done, SR.