View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 04:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

Belly Busters

Ok...so I think one thing that helped was have natural mirth upon arrival to my cousin's place up near Canada.... didn't have very good directions on how to get there....I had been there about 3 1/2 years ago in the summer....it looked different this time of year....so, we're going up this dirt road in our pickup....our three grown kids are in the back seat and we were trying find this place on this gray day....some of us were VERY hungry by then.... we took one turnoff down this one driveway drove right past the house but it just looked different somehow....got back on the main dirt and continued to drive north-northwest....by this time we were only 5 miles to Canada and the further we drove the more it became apparent we were headed in the WRONG direction as there were just no more places this could have been....

One of the kids started cracking jokes about this whole thing.....then my daughter started laughing and it became like one giant snowball of jokes, laughter....and HUNGER.....with the hunger, the jokes became darker like oh no, we are all so hungry we will become cannibals and start gnawing on each other....

Finally, mercifully, we decided to turn around before we ended up at the customs, which may have been closed, anyway!!I tried calling on my cell...but, guess what? NO RECEPTION!! Okay, what to do? We stopped, put our heads together and decided that the ONLY place it could POSSIBLY be was the one we had passed as there really weren't too many houses, or cabins or places inhabited by humans in the whole area....

By the time we got there, we had been laughing so hard it helped ward off the hunger until such time as we could start gnawing on more suitable food stuffs!!