View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 03:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
RecklessDrunk

I spent well over a decade at my previous job before I got fired. Not alchohol related, i was actually almost a year sober at that point.

I suck at interviews. I likely have Asperger's. In some ways I'm gifted, but can be absolutely terrible with people. Even good and sober I went through hell trying to interview. They kept me on the job another 6 weeks after I got fired and then it was another 6 and half months to find temporary work. Then a couple weeks into that found my current job. I ended up with a huge pay increase!

I looked at all kinds of interview tips on you tube and what not. I refused to quit. I prayed a lot and just accepted HIS plans for me. No matter how bad. I will never forget the hopelessness of realizing I have already applied for EVERYTHING in my line of work on Indeed in my region and still didn't have work. Those are the prayers that really matter.

Keep going, do your best, try and relax. When they make you sit in the waiting room and sort of ice you, use that time to control your breathing. Control that and you control your heart rate and keep the anxiety under control. On the phone just relax. Try and have fun with it, like a prank call when your a kid. Dont bs them but dont get too serious. I know, easier said then done but its more practice and better odds that on one of those interviews you will have a good day.