View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 02:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rose335

Thanks for the new thread Opi.

I missed a day so I got to catch up just now with a whole bunch of interesting, fun, thought provoking, moving posts! Envy you your beach walks, HReady, I really do. And I'm glad for you the mental fog is clearing a bit, NewChapter. I wouldn't say mental fog in my case but certainly some very emotional turmoil and it's nice to get a break from that.

NL - that was funny (and recognisable) about your son and the 5k race. It's just the beginning! Your children start to outdo you in so many wonderful and surprising ways as they grow up they could really start to lord it over you if they so chose!

FBL - I am grateful to you for your moving and ultimately very optimistic post as you finish the Gratitude Challenge. "Happy, joyous and free". As good as it gets.

ImValentine - "family situations are challenging and acceptance hurts". I can identify with that. I also think acceptance can be sheer hard work so it gets a touch exhausting. Good luck with the Christmas decorating.

Thanks Hev. Yes, introspection is the right word I feel. I feel I'm doing rather too much of it. But if it does transpire that it's about healing and growing I can live with that.

Rusty - down to you to show them how it's done at the epic all star jam. We are relying on you!

Aly - your relationship with your nephews, and niece, sounds very close and special. Those girls at the ARF know you well!

Fearless - so much admin work involved in sorting things out for your dad. Terrifying frankly. Well done on persevering. Am I grateful that you mentioned almond kringles? I am! Inspired to buy some to add to my tower of mince pies which I've bought for testing purposes only you understand.....

Hi Daisy, you said it. Feeezing out yesterday. Can I face another 3 months of this weather? Do I have a choice?

Grateful for a constructive outing yesterday, even if it was a little fraught doing Christmas shopping on a feeezing and very crowded cold day in London. Managed to get a few good things, not all of which were totally overpriced.
Thankful for an OK night's sleep. A rare but beautiful event.
Grateful to have had dinner with some close friends yesterday that involved wine for them but not for me. The new normal. There wasn't even a wine glass set out for me. And I didn't feel any desire to find one.
Grateful to have a totally free day ahead and to be sitting here responding to and sharing thoughts with all of you. Can't think of a better way to start the day.