Old 11-25-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
ironwill

FionnaPerSe,

The Holidays can be a tough time for those that just recently broke up with someone. Even harder if they were an alcoholic. It's suppose to be a happy time. Spending it with you loved one. With a normal breakup there might be a chance that you could send a present or a card and it be a mutual friend type arrangement. But you are dealing with alcoholic. They have crossed a boundary that you have set up. (your drinking to much you need help) Until they admit and get help for their disease it will only get worse. The longer you keep in contact with them the longer it will take for you to move on. I'm glad you have decided to go no contact and possible donate something in your X's honor.

Even in this digital age, I still send out Christmas cards to almost everyone in my address book. I believe Christmas is a time of forgiving and making peace and spreading Joy. Why I can't say I have to many enemies. There are several people that the only time I hear from them is a card around Christmas. I look forward to receiving those cards. If I don't receive a card I'm not mortified by it. I just know that I sent them a card and hopefully that brought them a little happiness if only for a few minutes. I'm all about the little things and a Christmas card is one of those little things.

Keep the focus on healing yourself. Keep being the strong princess I have called you. You will get though this. Have a beautiful day.