Old 11-24-2019, 07:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
FionnaPerSe

Thanks, you really have some interesting ideas around my reaching out!?

Honestly, in my case though, it is literally because I feel like it would be something nice to do. Not because I wish to go back into the relationship neither attempt to artificially continue with anything. I never believed in forcing anything to begin with.

@velma it was actually the opposite-he was reaching out to me mostly this whole time. I played along as when I learned how deep this disease go, I didn't want to accuse him neither abruptly disengage. As for his family, I don't insist on anything- I am just sad though, as we were all getting along nicely while him and I were together. We also spent lot of the time together too, and I used to help out with their kids when they were on holidays etc etc. SO I thought any of it could perhaps continue, at least on occasion. I never once reached out to them though after the breakup, and specifically out of respect for him. So no sure what else I could do to show my honesty in this situation!??

Last but not leat, I know lo of people who still send cards during holidays. Maybe its an old way of doing things, but not everything that is old is to be tossed away, right!? I also know lot of people (AND men) who would be happy to receive it. My X always was saying how happy he is when he gets something like that from me, and even the last time we saw each other (meeting he himself initiated by the way), I gave him a card that I made myself out of thin foil in combination with some other material- he was thanking me a lot.

So I don't know, I can see everyone being right on something here in their comments. It is complex I suppose though, and so I have to see what is best for everyone.

I think I will keep NC after all therefore. And perhaps donate somewhere else in my Xs honour. That might ease some pain I feel as those holidays are approaching. Thanks for your kind suggestions, I appreciate it!!