Old 11-23-2019, 01:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
dandylion
Community Greeter

Fionna…...I agree to do what you feel like you can handle---that matches up with what feels right, to you. And, be aware that the consequences, whatever they will be...is just what you must accept.....

About holidays...during the first year after my most painful breakup of my life....the holidays were the most weird feeling times....The first 6 months was free-bleeding grief.....and, after the grief died down, to a great degree....the major holidays were still weird feeling. On a couple of the hoidays, that year...a simple well wishing phone call was exchanged.....

After that first year....it changed. I think there is something magical about the year mark. After a year, it becomes more of PAST history...rather than present history, that you are still engaged in.

Of course, my breakup was not with an alcoholic....but about other painful choices. And, there was a definite fact that we would never get back together, again.....
he had moved to another city...and, though we were not "no contact whatsoever".....there were a few instances of limited communication, in the first year apart....