View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 12:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
jen928

Bluemoon....all of this might be a waste of time. I understand that. I also understand that you can't make an alcoholic see the error of their ways until they are ready to see it. Maybe I should explain a little bit for you. I will be moving out of my mom's house at the end of the month and everything I've been doing these past few weeks is just my last attempt to try to help. I have to try for my own sanity. Her health is failing and she needs help, I can not in good conscious leave the house without trying desperately to help her. I think everyone that has dealt with an alcoholic understands my need to try for one last time. I will then give up.
Loving detachment is probably (more then likely) what I will have to face after tonight. I understand that and it makes me sad knowing that tonight probably won't help. Tomorrow I will still have a practicing alcoholic as a mother. I have come to accept this, although after tonight it will be my turn to walk away. That is what I will need the most help with.