View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 09:25 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Soul Catcher

The reason I would have had another child is because my ah is out of our house. There is no way I would have another while he was living with us being an active alcoholic. I would raise the child alone. I guess coming from a single mother I didn't think my life was that bad. In fact having a father I don't think I would have turned out the way I have. I am a great parent and my mother gave me so much strength. I know she had it hard but she survived and we turned out rather great if I do say so myself. haha
It is unfair to our children but having a mother and a father who is church going can screw up a kid just as well, no one's lives are perfect. We do what we can with what we have. Even if I was poor in a tent in the woods my children would still be happy with good hearts no alky is going to stand in the way of their happiness. I knew keeping my ah in the house with them was abuse. I did not realize how bad my husband was with the alcohol, I did not grow up around it so I was blindsided completley. But knowing what I know now I can say that it will NEVER happen again to me. I gave myself two years to have another child. I have eight months left to my decision. I will go from there. I know I can not have another child with this man and yes it is unfair to the child. I am hoping maybe I will find that man of my dreams in eight months hahahaha yea right! Either way, I'm ok with or without. I spend my spare time helping children at my kids school. I am also going to be a gaurdian ad litum.
Just tired, I can promise you that getting away from the alcoholic will help you so much. I know how scary it is but you will find so much strength and your children will learn from you. My children are 5,4,4. Since I am all they have I have to show them that life isn't bad. I'm sure you want all the same things for your children as I do for mine but I had to sacrifice their father to save them. I keep the calls to a minimum. I quit allowing him to break their hearts. I have had to become a father, what I could anyway and play with worms and go fishing....things I HATE. I love my mother for being both. The only thing I feel for my father is pity because I am one hell of a cool chick. His loss. The only thing I wish I could do is be there when God judges him....Cause you know God loves his kids....tisk tisk tisk to those bad daddy's. Lots of love to you justired. I'm here for you.