View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 10:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MagnumCat

Originally Posted by Lisalily View Post

Yesterday, I was selfish once again and got the small vodka shot bottles . My SO knew right away I had been drinking. I lied up and down. Then he found one of the empty ones. I don’t even remember where I left it .

I went to bed very early after we argued.

I am so full of shame. Again.
Lisalily, I hear you!

That was my story exactly (the vodka, the sneaking around, the SO that knows, lying, fighting...) I'm only on day 24, but in my situation I had to take action right away or else I knew that I wouldn't and it would continue. My last time, I woke up full of shame and promised my husband that I was done. I found an AA meeting and went that afternoon. I then came home and researched different programs. I decided on an Intensive Outpatient Program. I had to wait until Monday to register myself and in that short period of time, I had almost talked myself out of doing it. "I'm not that bad. I can do this myself. It's a waste of money...." Luckily a friend called at the right time and talked me through my lies. I hung up from her and called to register myself. I got in right away and I love it!!!

I needed to take action to show my family that I meant business. Words meant nothing, as I had said them so many times. This time I made the decision myself that I was really done and did something about it.

Are you done??