Thread: urgh
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ScottFromWI
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Patcha View Post
I quit for nearly 4 weeks while I was faced with a huge work challenge, but as soon as the deadline was met, I drank again. I want to quit and I don't want to quit. I want to drink without any repercussions. I just don't know what to do. There is no question that I am an alcoholic. I can't moderate.
Glad that you made the deadline Patcha, but sorry your drank.

I think you have answered your own question right in your post actually. You want to drink without repercussions, but know that you can't. And you know that you are an alcoholic. Can you honestly tell us that you don't know that quitting alcohol for good is the solution? That's a rhetorical question..you don't need to answer other than to yourself. Because that's really where the power lies - in your decisions and choices. If you want to, you could decide right now, this very moment, that you are going to quit drinking for good. And there is a community here ( and elsewhere ) that can help you reinforce that decision. But at the and of the day, you are the only one who can make the choice....are you ready? We are ready to help!