Old 11-12-2019, 10:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
BackandScared

38 days is fantastic!! So now you have to deal with anxiety.

I really hope you have not bought that stupid bottle of wine. If you are 38 days sober you know that you are lying to yourself to drink. You know the reasons you are giving to drink are just your addiction talking you into drinking. Right now you want to drink and you are trying to rationalise it.

But if you are sober, you know your anxiety was worse drinking. Drinking does not calm anybody's anxiety for long and makes it much worse once you got yourself a drinking problem.

I have found honesty a very good tool. Addiction comes with many levels of dishonesty and lying. I have promised myself not to lie. If I drink, I will do it because I am an addict and I give up. Because I want the drink more than the fighting, more than feeling my feelings. I will not give myself excuses. It has kept me very sober for over 4 months.

I suffer from anxiety too. I have ended up in ER too feeling like a fool. Drinking never improved the problem. However, it kept me further away from hospitals to hide my drinking problem and the terror of social services getting involved to protect my kids. I reread my last sentence and I want to die of shame. Above everything else, I don't want to get back there.

Good luck