View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 10:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
ironwill

Pookielou,

He is quaking a lot. A whole flock of ducks. If he says DUI was a plan. DUI is not a plan ,it's just bad any way you look at it. No person would think, Hmm how can I get sober, I know I will get drunk first and get arrested for DUI and then they will throw me in jail where I will come out a changed man. Clear of all alchololic thoughts. QUACK , QUACK, QUACK.

You can't just say spend time in jail and be fixed from alcohol. it doesn't work that way. Nearly all the alcoholics out there don't have the will power to just white-knuckle their way through sobriety. Yeah while in jail he had no choice not to drink and that might of help his sobriety, but if he has been drinking for 10 years plus he is going to need some outside support.

If he want's to see his daughter i would proceed with caution. All kids should know their parents. I'm not sure if your daughter has asked about him. She is starting to get to that age of asking questions about her father . Kids usually know a lot more then we think. I would trust your gut on this one. Only you know what is right for you and your daughter in your life right now.

Keep being strong and know that we are here for you.