View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 05:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
OJ12

Day 4 - Severe Anxiety

Hi All,

it’s been a little while since I last posted but I’m in need of some support and the forum popped into my head! I have been in recovery from alcohol and cocaine misuse for around a year now but in that time I have relapsed 3 times, the latest of which was sat/sun. I’m an active member of AA and I have a sponsor but I feel I really need as much help as I can get at the moment. I know the reason I relapsed, but I’m 4 days sober now and the anxiety I’m suffering is unbearable. The world around me feels unreal and I am so scared. It’s absolutely unrelenting to the point where I’m pacing around holding onto my head because I’m so severely agitated and panicky. It really is a scary place to be as I feel stuck and it seems to have got worse day by day. I’m hoping to god that it will pass soon, or at least ease as I can’t exit my house nor do even the most simple of tasks. I was just hoping someone may be able relate to my feelings and offer some support. Thank you and please use my pain as a reason to stay sober, it’s really not worth it!