View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 06:27 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Joe787 View Post
Day 27 at an end.

I think it's safe to say that I'm white knuckling at this point. My mind keeps thinking about "once you reach 30 days." As if I'll reward myself. The mantra of one day at a time applies here. I'll need to be very mindful/present when getting through day 31, which is a Saturday so temptations will likely be high.

I'll post. About two years ago I made it to 30 days and some change. Meaning it's been two years since I've had 30 days sober. I need to get beyond this barrier. Part of it is the mental barrier of saying "forever" instead of 30 days, 60 days, etc. I haven't renounced it all the way. I don't know if that will help or put immense pressure on me.

So one day at a time it is.
Once you reach 30 days you can reward yourself with poison .....it tastes good (maybe) but destroys our bodies and souls. So it is not very sound logic by any of us, I don't think.

If we were diabetics, would we reward our good health with a sugar blowout? Nope.

I truly believe if we can see this as a disease it can change our understanding of how we need to manage it. White knuckling is crazy hard....you need help Jo s

From a doctor perhaps, and a counsellor and maybe a support group....12-step or otherwise. We need to build tools that we can lean on to make our decision to stop drinking permanent....so we can be healthy and happy and live our lives. s

Sorry if that sounds all soap-boxy.

❤️