View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 01:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
jen928

I'm not trying to discount anything any of you said.....I've been calling my little red headed *ss off. I've tried INOVA and their CATS program. I just really needed to vent. I'm going to keep trying and I'm not giving up. I just had no idea how much work this was going to be. It's all so tricky. I just want to get a bed for her. I'll take the loss if she doesn't go.....but I have to try as I'm moving out of her house at the end of the month and this is the last try. I just don't have the money to secure anything so that we can set up an intervention and then have somewhere to go. The only thing I think I can do is set up an intervention and hope that she will let us take her to the hospital afterward.....her health is horrible and as my father put it last night when he came to try to help me talk to her....."I only knew how you're health was through what Jenny was telling me. In all honesty I thought she was exaggerating but you look like death warmed over."
I am about to get off work and head back to the house. I plan on talking to her again. I told her last night that if she thought I was just going to go away and sweep this under the rug, she was extremely mistaken. I wish I could explain how bad off she was. I know that if the hospital took one look at her, they would admit her.....she's about 90 lbs (maybe) and her eyes are yellowing. To me that would be enough for anyone to admit her and keep her there for a few days...but I know that's not the way the system works.
Anyways, at this point....this is the last ditch effort. I have two of her friends meeting me tomorrow after work and maybe....just maybe the three of us can talk some sense into her. BUT I have a feeling tomorrow's talk will just illicit the same response....a deadened version on my mother sitting on the couch....with nothing to say in her defence except, I'm not ready.
She'll be ready when she's on her death bed in a few months, MAYBE....or maybe she'll still be drinking her wine then.