View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jen928

wow...i had no idea

most of you know by now, I am trying for a desperate last push to try to get my mom some help. This will be my last attempt and then I am choosing to try to walk away from her.
I just needed to vent for a second. I am having the hardest time trying to set up anything for her. I have found a resource in our county that charges only $20, if you are a county resident. This is a detox center that will keep her for 7 days. Well, they told me it was $20 when I explained that she didn't have insurance. Then they asked if she had any assets. Well, she does. She owns a beach house in Nags Head, NC and has a very good chunk of money sitting in the bank. Now they want $3000 up front because she won't qualify for the assitance (even though, she currently has no income and the only reason why she has any money at all is because of my grandmother's estate). However, I can't get a bed for her until we put the 3k down. I don't have this type of money, so I can't afford to put that much down. The most I would be able to put down would be $1000. Anyways, my frustration is at the fact that, I can't plan an intervention without having a bed for her somewhere....but i can't afford that. I found a woman that works with the county doing interventions and she will be doing this for free for me. BUT again, what is the point of doing an intervention if we don't have a bed for her? Do any of you have any experience with taking your A to the hospital? Directly to the ER? I believe that this will be my only option. A few of you have spoken with me regarding this......I am just a little leery of driving her to the ER, if we will just spend 4-7 hours sitting and waiting. She has obvious health problems and I'm afraid that if we spend too long in the waiting room she will start to go through withdrawls right then and there.

excuse my spelling mistakes...........