View Single Post
Old 10-29-2019, 12:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
joshuatreee

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Confused...Friday? What will you do until then? I mean if it is booze, by Friday you’ll be through the worst of it. By then you should be looking for a rehab or a sponsor IMO. My experience with detox is that it does one thing, detoxifies you. There’s not a lot of recovery work that goes on there.

I’m not dissuading you, just giving you a heads up. Recovery and detox are two different things.

Still, best of luck. Making the decision to ask for help in any regard is noble and can certainly end up saving your life.
Too be honest .... Feel terrible and almost certainly drink each night. I have set up my intake date to correspond with some vacation time and a cleaning company that is coming Thursday to disinfect my basement that recently flooded. If I could hit the fast forward button I would but I have that and some other stuff that needs to be taken care of before i disappear for however many days. I went and spoke to a counselor at the detox place and they will help follow up the detox with an outpatient recovery plan. I will be on here lots seeking advice as well.