Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 06:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sohard

Originally Posted by Sadforldr View Post
I guess my fear lies in knowing that this feels as if its my absolute last chance...terrified of damage I've done. Hope my body feels better soon...then maybe my brain, spirit and heart.

Thank you for the encouragement. I live alone and don't know anyone in the town I moved to months ago...makes this a bit harder.
The good news is that I can assure you that your body, brain, spirit, and heart will all feel better soon if you just do not drink. Just breathe and take it day by day until not drinking becomes the new default state. It will become that, you know that. Just look ahead 30 days, not a lifetime. Anyone can do anything for 30 days (said someone else on this site). And it’s true. And in 30 days this will all seem so much more doable. I promise you.

And, please really read this: do NOT feel ashamed, as you wrote a few posts up. DO NOT FEEL ASHAMED. You have an addiction to a substance that society shoves in our faces at every turn. You relapsed. In no other illness does someone get sick and they feel shame, and neither should you. You are here and fighting for your life. You should feel proud.