View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 05:35 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Charon

Morning everyone.

Well, the demon is starting to talk. "What are you going to do if it's windy down there and the boat can't go out to the reef?" And I answer "Can't drink, that's for sure. Too late to stop antabuse. I'm sure I can enjoy the sunshine, read a good book, have some coffee, explore dive shops, just poke around, go look at other keys, get up very early and go see the miniature deer on Big Pine Key, go to Robbie's on Islamorda and feed the giant tarpon, look for a souvenier shirt. Lots more fiun doing those things than sitting around stupid and feeling sick in the morning". Demon shut up and left. I think it might be a good idea to make a list of things I don't want to forget to do like the deer and tarpon. As far as I or the demon know it could be perfect weather and I'll end up diving morning and afternoon and be pressed for time to do other things. Either way, I've no time for drinking.

Mrs. Charon went hiking the day after she got back, we had the orchid dinner/meeting yesterday, and she's hiking again today. I need the suitcase she used for Italy to pack for my trip but it's sitting untouched. Normally this would tick me off. However, that isn't going to solve my problem (unhelpful). We have 2 other suitcases that are the same size but have ripped handles. I could very carefully move her stuff from the good suitcase to one with a ripped handle. Problem solved. No need to get upset, no lame excuse to drink. Solved those issues as well. Actually though, I don't need to do that right away. Tuesday looks like a rainy day. No F2F and no scheduled tasks or activities. I can spend all day packing. So I'll gently remind her tonight that I would appreciate it if I could get the suitcase to start my packing. Then if the suitcase is still full by mid-morning tomorrow I can do the transfer then.

I got all the leaves up from both front areas yesterday morning. Today I was hoping to get the boat broken down and stored and get the leaves out back done. It rained yesterday and overnight but it's supposed to get sunny later. I'll deal with the boat this morning and move on to leaves once it dries out.

Hope everyone has a fine start to the week and remembers to stop occasionally and treat themselves to something good.