View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
BackandScared

What a nice thing to do Charon. Sometimes we really miss our partners/appreciate their presence, companionship, etc. but fail to express it. She is going to be very touched by your small gestures (apart from the massive one of being sober and totally present for her on arrival; I am sure she was worried about this trip too).

It is true that most people don't drink alcohol as we do. And when they do, they are not a happy sight. I have never considered drinking alone 'normal'. I think being a woman it is easier to see it is not normal. To date, I can't imagine my mother going inside a cafe alone to drink a tea, let alone alcohol. Because I thought it was really a problematic and shameful thing to do, I was always hiding.

However, airports/planes/trains/stations, have always been a place where women seem to be able to drink alone 'legitimately' . It was the only solo drinking that I felt could be done in the open.

Enjoy your evening with your wife Charon.

Venuscat, I forgot to say a few days back that if you have moved country to be with your husband, the massive effort has been yours. It is very difficult to move from one country to another, even when madly in love.Don't take away credit from you.

By the way... i made a mistake earlier. Next Sunday will be the 15th sober!!! I have finally (FINALLY) lost count