View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Charon

Morning.

Back, glad you were successful. I know what you mean. It seems like everything is plotting against us. But like Venus said, looking carefully in most places that aren't specifically where people go to get trashed, most are not drinking and are in much better shape (not tired & dragged out).

Back when I was still drinking, having my wife go away was a huge trigger and I would never be able to abstain. In fact, it was a time when I would completely go off the rails and end up detoxing the day she was coming back. Those days are gone and it is so much better and such a happier place - for both of us.

My wife is returning from a ten day trip today and I am most happy that not only have I not had any alcohol and am I not hung over, but the house is in good order, and the only thing I plan to do today before grabbing her up from the airport is to put up some welcome home signs (already done), run to get some gellato for her, and buy some roses and get them in a vase. I bought a cute card a few days after she left, so that's already done.

Hope everyone has a successful start to the weekend, a terrific and sober time over the weekend, and that you all find something awsome in your life and environment to enjoy.