View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 10:42 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
BackandScared

Originally Posted by Charon View Post
Today a message popped up on the computer from my electronic calendar "D-day" - meaning decision day. I put it in a long time ago. It was to remind me that if I wanted to drink while on my drive trip I should quit antabuse today. Fat chance. It did give me a chuckle though. No way I'm stopping antabuse. No way I'm ruining my dive trip by being stupid and repeating past actions. Nope, nope, nope.
it is clear that many relapses are 'planned' but I don't think most of us plan them with a pre-set message There is no way I would have just forgotten about this 'D-day'.

Really happy you did not cave in.

I had another short trip. Ireland, this time. It was difficult. Trips are very difficult. Everything seems to remind me about drinking. It is a constant temptation: Airport/Plane/Hotel/Drinks and dinner with colleagues that I can't avoid. Nobody was actively offering me alcohol, so it comes from inside me (like always) but at times it feels like it is the environment inviting me to fail.

Anyway, I remained sober. I am back and happy to have made it again through this challenge. As tough as it was, I feel it is becoming easier. I am developing my own new routines around work trips and usual locations. I was waiting at a train station yesterday and the thought of having a beer/wine did not even crossed my mind. I only noticed afterwards that I had stayed away from the bar/cafe and just walked around the station observing people and checking the board to understand better the possible destinations.
Hope you are all ready for a very nice and sober WE