View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
trailmix

Yes, I know what you mean. Being in a situation like you are in now and actually getting yourself out of it is a BIG deal. It takes energy which you don't have right now. You sound defeated (and a bit depressed) and that is absolutely understandable. Living with an alcoholic will drain your emotionally.

This is where you can ask for help. It's a big burden and you are not alone. You have us and a whole network of people willing to help you and advise you (Al-Anon, DV as a start).

I don't know what your living situation is, whether you are renting or own your home, but how about asking him to leave? Is that a possibility? Ideally, as you have your child, he should be the one out sleeping on someone's couch - or wherever.

I don't know if he is violent or not but if so, tread carefully (and contact your DV center for more advice on leaving). There may be programs out there for you that they can assist with that you aren't even aware of.

Once you get that ball in motion you will find that you aren't quite as tired because you will have hope of getting out of this situation.