View Single Post
Old 10-15-2019, 12:59 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  
Rose335

Rusty - glad you've got a week's parole! I shall remember not to wish you luck with the chemo tomorrow.

Numblady - I'll look up John Mulaney and see if I can find the one where he talks about not drinking. I enjoy hearing stuff like that (now). Very glad the weather is shortly going to be a bit kinder to you. It is totally inconceivable here in the U.K. this week to imagine those kind of temperatures. In fact a day off rain would be a treat not that I'm not complaining but it would be good to get into the soggy mess that is our garden and do a bit of sorting.

Pouncer - glad you're feeling better.

Fearless - did you say pumpkin cream cheese muffin? I'm on the search immediately!. We have very good bakeries in London but I've yet to see that on offer.

Hev - with you on killing the negative thoughts which is often easier said than done. I try and use that 'parking' method where you allow yourself 5 minutes to dwell in the topic with as much misery and self-pity as you like (that's my favourite bit!) but then you have to make yourself completely park any other thoughts on the subject until a given time, usually 12 hours later, when you can allow yourself to dwell again by which time hopefully your perspective has changed. Sometimes it works.

Daisy - good luck to Mandy for Thursday. Horrible for her.

Ananya - drama and families. Surely not?!

Water ox - well done on your sober day.

Grateful to have had a more or less healthy day of eating yesterday. A day without a pastry is a hard one for me but now and again it has to be done.
Grateful to be making up for yesterday by collecting a box of mini cupcakes to take in when I go and see some former colleagues later this morning. With the devastating logic that accompanied my drinking days, I'm working on the basis that small cakes - like small bottles of wine - make it easier to eat/drink less. Turns out to be true for cakes and totally untrue for wine. Who knew? (I know: all of us).
Thankful to have had an OK night sleep wise last night.
Thankful to have some time off but already hankering after my oh too familiar daily music accompaniments. Might have to download some nursery songs!

Hope Tuesday is good to us all.