Old 10-14-2019, 12:02 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
dpac414

We are well overdue for an update on this ol' thread. But my absence hasn't been a bad one, just been really busy and was visiting my friend this weekend like I mentioned before.

It was a wonderful time. It was relaxing and just really enjoyable. We didn't have any super concrete plans, we just hung out and went out to eat or chilled on the couch to watch TV and chatted. We played with her dog, also chatted with her husband, played with our makeup collections, etc.

It was really nice to spend a significant amount of time with her since over the past 1.5 years we've only been able to have dinner for an hour or two every so often. Plus she seemed really happy that I actually made the drive to visit her.

To make it drinking related, as this is an alcoholism forum, her husband does have an impressive liquor shelf with bottles upon bottles of whiskey, wine, other hard liquors like holy **** was there a lot. I had the dumb thought for about a half second that I could sneak in there and drink out of any of those bottles after we all went to bed, since I was on the first floor. It was just a fleeting thought and I knew I wasn't going to do it, but like???? come on brain. Let me rest.

But otherwise it was great. I feel so much better and more positive than the last few weeks and this is just a testament to perseverance and working on recovery.

Still doing my best and still sober, so that's all that matters. Onward to the week ahead.