Old 10-13-2019, 04:53 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
No, dwtbd, it just means I’m hugely concerned that someone here in the spirit of RRWS Inc., made such a statement. I’m incredulous, actually. I’m certainly not going to carry out GTs dictate. As I said many posts ago, I reserve my right to practice AVRT without a BP. But don’t you think it’s unbelievable on a Sober Recovery forum, for s/he to make such a statement to me?
Tatsy,

I think you know it was not a “dictate”. It is a simple statement of a critical part of how using the AVRT Manual works to achieve permanent abstinence.

I was a binge drinker, and was good at it. You were a 24/7 maintenance drinker, and you were good at that. I couldn’t have been a maintenance drinker because I usually drank too much booze at one time to establish any kind of ongoing drunken equilibrium. I bring this up because in late July, you decided to come back on SR because you were back to maintenance drinking and didn’t want to be there any more.

The following timeline may not be completely accurate, but it doesn’t need to be to make its point. You spent three weeks tapering off alcohol while at the same time using lots of AVRT terms in your posts. The Technique of AVR CANNOT be done to any degree AT ALL while under the influence. To use Wholesome’s term it becomes inverted. Your Addictive Voice was (and to some degree still is) having a grand ole time making everything your going through read like histrionics, at least that’s how it reads to me. I chose not to indulge in that thread next door because in AVRT terms it was all Addictive Voice. I believe you became somewhat habituated and seduced by that month or so of drinking and posting with AVRT terms and are carrying that inverted logic over into your present unintoxicated thinking. But I also believe you will allow that inverted thinking to fade.

You received hundreds of posts from others that you reacted to in various ways. Then you stopped drinking - for a week. Then you drank some more for a week. Then you stopped drinking again, hopefully for the last time.

Well, here’s how I’m going to leave it in my mind with your now being abstinent.

On August 26th at 11:12am Pacific Time you actually did make the correct Big Plan and posted it in your long thread next door. I believe you made it a few days after what I believe was your last drink.

Check out post number 359 on page 18 of “I drank after ...”

Congratulations Tatsy.

GT