Thread: Oh Well Part 2
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 01:10 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

Yup, Cosima. All of what you say is true. I did take care of this and next month's rent yesterday at her behalf. Wrote checks to her landlord and mailed them directly. Eldest had no argument about any of that, which reassures me she is on the right track. Had she questioned why I wouldn't just give her the money, it would've been a different story. This morning she reported that she's on her 6th day without alcohol. A quiet strain of hope rises...

I "graduated" IOP last night. As is customary, I was invited to reflect on my experience there and give advice to the group. Bottom line - I'm taking this more seriously than ever before (although I thought I was sincere previously), staying sober is in some ways more difficult than anyone can tell you it is, and I'm more worried about maintaining sobriety than I was when I first walked through those doors three years ago.

Apparently, that's some sort of progress.

The woman who missed group on Tuesday was there last night and we exchanged numbers. I told her which weekly group I'd be in and she said, "Oh good, I'll pick that one too then." It's nice to be liked.