Old 10-11-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post
Exactly so, as I intimated above, mine was overridden by me. No point in making another “Big Plan” ...
Tatsy,

Exactly NOT so. A Big Plan pledge of permanent abstinence, by definition, cannot be cancelled or overridden. Your plan was one you could cancel/override and you did just that. So, you still have every capacity to make real Big Plan which, by simple logic, can only be made once.

...because the Beast and its side-kick the AV, would bounce all over my brain. Therefore, I drew a ‘line’ instead. As I said, semantics, but it helps me.
Again, in Addictive Voice Recognition terms, I know YOU are in there somewhere. YOU know that the language and semantics of self-talk and emotional recognition and reflection make up the critical field of, not action, but inaction in which Addictive Voice Recognition Technique takes place. AVRT expends zero extra calories, zero extra cents, zero outside support, zero physical movement, and draws a line directly to the simple binary choice of make a Big Plan or set the practice of AVRT aside until that plan is made.

Yes, AVRT can ALL be done by remaining motionless and thinking about one’s own thinking and feeling using particularly articulated dissociative semantics. It can relatively quickly end up taking only a minute or two per year as we recognize and dismiss any and all types of opportunities to swallow more alcohol.

Yes, people usually are not aware someone they know has made the pledge “I will never drink again.” because that pledge is about NOT doing a very precise and particular action that has absolutely nothing to do with the typical requirements of daily life.

GT