Thread: Oh Well Part 2
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 06:22 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Obladi
Life Goes On

It occurred to me the other evening that I don't have those regular intrusive thoughts I used to experience throughout the day. The thought of drinking still pops up, but not in the same way and with much less frequency. Used to be I'd get on the elevator at work after some frustrating conversation and think, "In x hours, I can drink." Or I'd be driving home considering whether to stop at the liquor store and if so, which one it would be. Or I'd be sitting on my couch on a Sunday deliberating for hours upon hours whether I'd drive up to the next county for booze because the stores in my county were closed.

Providence or luck or the universe or my guardian angel or my conscience must've been on my side in leading me to think then about how to be prepared for the expected but surprise beast dealings. While I recognize clearly that my continued choice to not drink is completely mine, I think reading Non's post might have been a tasty treat for the beast had I not already been thinking about this stuff.

I'm working from home today for the just the second time since detox. It's really nice (and a little odd) to be doing so without obsessing over past or potential future drinking.

I'll take it.