View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 12:52 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
newhope01

Hi Nara,

I begged him to go to al-anon many times. He felt he didn’t need it but boy did he. Our issues kind of preceded the boozing and I think things might be a little different between you and your spouse.

He he did a lot of terrible things. The one that really still pisses me off is how he dropped vodka bottles in my room. I eventually drank one finally. I don’t know why he did this or what the goal was. He has been unable to provide an answer either.

But, I lied a lot. A lot. And I did my share of stupid crap too and interestingly enough when I stopped boozing the idiocy on both our parts stopped. But, damn he made it easy for me to keep drinking.

We’re doing a lot better now but I’m still working through some of our past events. Ive been lurking on the FFA forum too a lot lately and I’m starting to understand the other side. It’s helping with the resentments.

Hope you and your hubby are doing better too. It’s hard dealing with an A, especially an A you love. I pray my daughter never becomes one herself. I don’t think I could survive it.