View Single Post
Old 10-07-2019, 10:38 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Nara

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
Like I said, because of my alcoholism, by default I'm always wrong. I'm not ignoring that fact. But as I sit here sober with no desire to drink, I just can't help but feel sad and alone. Maybe it is just self-pity and I deserved what happened but right now all I feel is pain.

And if the shoe was on the other foot, I wouldn't call him worthless or throw food across the room. I never judged folks in my position as when you see someone who is genuinely trying to get and stay sober, its hard to put them down. I never understood why people make fun of AA and its members; Even before I became a member myself.

I can't focus long enough to read a paragraph in order to complete my class assignment so I will only be setting myself up for failure at this point.

Maybe I should give him an "out" so ha can be happy.
Im new to all this. And I found out about these groups way way too late. I am just now understanding my behaviors and reactions and is hurting me deeply.

my A is no longer in my life. And reading your post I could see myself in your husband. Is really really hard to try to do the best we can to help and then find out that what we are doing is the wrong thing. It hurts us too, because at the end we don’t wanna hurt you!!!

as much as it hurts to hear it, I’m sure your husband didn’t meant it! He also feel worthless for not being able to help you. I realized this is how I felt too every time I said things like that to my A. I just now understand what an alcoholic goes through. I always though he was wrong for anything because at the end of the day he was the alcoholic, he broke his promises etc etc etc.

just now I understand what he was going through, but I didn’t know. It hurts me so much now that I’m learning what my reactions caused to him. And this goes both ways, the famous merry-go-round.

when i tell how I feel is easy for ppl to blame the alcoholic and see them as the bad guy. I’m so sorry you have to go through this. I’m so sorry for the pain we cause too.

Its been a while since this was posted, I hope you are doing better and being able to bit alcohol.