View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 04:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
snitch

I have a new sponsor!!!!

Hello everyone.

So, on Saturday morning, after a very difficult day and night Friday, where the obsession to drink started creeping up on me, I became desperate enough to reach out to a lovely lady in the fellowship and ask her if she would sponsor me. She said yes!! Axtually she said, it would be a pleasure. I thought, hmmm you haven't worked with me yet! The Will is strong in this one lol.

She has 17 years of sobriety, and most of all she literally radiates peace of mind and serenity! I want what she has for sure. So we are meeting on tuesday for a chat. In the meantime, I am climbing right back into the middle of the lifeboat. I know this stuff works. It is the ONLY thing that works for me. A spiritual solution.

I went to an early morning gratitude meeting today. I dont usually get to go as of I am off at the weekends my daughter is with me but because I am meeting an old friend today (someone I haven't seem since I got sober as I pushed her away when I was still drinking) my daughter is with her daddy so I set my alarm and got up early and went. It was a lovely meeting and I have so much to be grateful for.

I told my old sponsor that I have a new one and she wished wished. We were meant to be meeting for coffee tomorrow, I wanted to clean my side of the street but she said she will let me know in the morning so we'll see. She has so much on with her kids and a new college course. I have learnt so much from her but I feel I have made the right choice to move away now and to start my steps from the beginning again with this new lady.

Wanted to keep you updated as so many of you took the time out to reply to my last post.

Have a Super Sober Sunday everyone!!

🙏❤🙏❤