View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 11:45 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Rose335

My day was unexpectedly hi-jacked yesterday because of minor family crises and I was out in the evening so I didn't get a chance to post. Since I unwisely booked a very early grocery delivery for today, however, which I'm now waiting for I have the luxury of time. I enjoyed catching up with everyone's posts.

Hev - I hope your father in law's service brings some comfort and prompts good memories for the family.

Fearless - I think the pebble painting is an excellent plan, not least because it's for a school fund raiser. There'll be no shortage of takers for such original items. And btw, let's hear it for cogs the world over!

Mags - I'm extremely grateful for the invention of the toaster too! Even though I can - and do - wreck mine regularly, seemingly with a single glance, I use the current one every day.

Courage - I'm just wondering if you're exercising quite enough gratitude? I'd be truly grateful for "Silence is Golden" on a permanent loop in my head instead of the Dingle Dangle Scarecrow!

Aly - glad you're still able to wear summer clothes. I determinedly did the same yesterday evening, mostly because I wanted to wear a particular pair of sandals. Felt a bit stupid when it then began pouring with rain and got really cold. Hey ho. Time to get out the jumpers and boots.

Thankful for online shopping and home grocery deliveries even though I often make some strangely sized inadvertent purchases. I've ended up with midget sized tins of coconut milk today.
Grateful for a very nice evening out at my friend's house yesterday. I did the cooking which seemed to be a success. I also ended up pouring the wine, yet again, which was not a problem. Apart from a slightly surprised 'oh are you still on the wagon' comment, no one was remotely interested in what I chose to drink.
Thankful I survived giving a couple of people a lift home at the end of the evening. Living where I do in London means I don't generally need to use the car so I've got a bit unconfident plus it was absolutely pouring but there are times when it is dead useful so I feel I must not lose the skill.

Looking forward to a non-hi-jacked day and and I'm about to organise my BALT breakfast, courtesy of Fearless' previous post. Hope everyone has a good Sunday.