Thread: Deaths Door
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2019, 03:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BackandScared

Hey Missy,
I noticed your absence because your posts were very helpful to me. For instance, you gave me hope that sleeping was getting better after 40 days and I felt I was not driving myself mad when you explained how we kept behaving as if we were drinking. I feel posts from others who are going through the first few days or the same stage I am at, are particularly useful in general. Just reading how they are doing helps me a lot.

But I use it because it is helping me. Even when I intervene in other posters' comments and try to be 'helpful' I am doing it because it is helpful to me to articulate and reflect on the thinking that makes us drink. You decide what works for you or not.

While the comments of those closer to my early sobriety stage resonate more with me, the real hope and drive to stick around comes from all those wonderful people with long-established sober lives.

I cannot see this as a disease either Missy. It brings diseases, and physical alcohol dependence is probably one. You may be right that we drink because we don't know how to cope with anything properly.

Look after yourself and well done on 9 days! My belief (not backed by any science) is that those 2 month must count at least in terms of all the alcohol you did not consume. So you have 9 days + 2 months of experience and better liver to help you forward.