View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 10:30 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
newhope01

Hey Grungehead, I totally agree with you about the resentments! I’ve got tons and being sober for so long has allowed me to see how these resentments kept me drunk.

Wow, 6-7 years sober and then relapsing over resentments is scary. Sounds like that may be in my future if I don’t address mine. 😨

Hey AP, I’m glad you like my zombie thread. I thought it would be beneficial to make an update too since I’ve been sober. I just don’t want folks wasting their energy on helping me resolve an incident so long ago.

I confronted my husband once about a lot of this stuff and he wasn’t able to apologize for some things and did apologize for other stuff. I’m obviously still angry.

We got together while we were both wasted and I was in a really bad spot in my life. I knew it was wrong but 7 years later we got married. I was drinking on and off throughout those seven years and embarrassed myself at my wedding drunk. Two years after marriage I hit the bottle hard and finally got sober this last year.

My daughter saved my life and I never want for her what I grew up with. She was my catalyst in saving my life so I could give her a life she deserves. Nothing makes me happier than when that little cherub smiles.