View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nara

How can I get back to normal?

After my fiancé broke up our engagement just few weeks ago, I am having the hardest time reaching out to my friends and family. Because of his drinking problem “we” both stopped going out and meeting our friends since there was always alcohol involved, we wouldn’t go out anymore so he didn’t have to see alcohol. This was all his idea and I thought I was a good idea to stay away from it. I asked for us to choose some of our friends and tell them about the problem so they could support us, he refused. Well consequently I haven’t seen most of my friends in over 2 years, I kept in touch but always said things were good and I was too busy with work. I feel embarrassed to call my friends and tell them what I was going through, I don’t wanna them to think that I am using them for support just because my world felt apart and I wanna company or someone to vent.
Anybody has been through some thing similar, what did you do? I am seeing a therapist and going to al-anon, also I’ve been following this group and is helping a lot, a few days agir I finally decided to post and the reply I got was so comforting. Besides that I’m suffering on my own.