View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 08:26 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Ken33xx

Originally Posted by newhope01 View Post
I've been struggling with some serious depression right now, which I am sure is self-inflicted.

Last weekend, I relapsed and my husband found my alcohol. He picked up the chicken I was defrosting for dinner and threw it across the room. He then demanded a divorce and onslaught of insults ensued. He then left the house.

After a few hours, I tried calling him and he put the call to voicemail. He then proceeded to text me of which he called me a "worthless wife" and he wished he "never married me." He then went to Disneyland with my brother as he felt my husband deserved a weekend getaway for having to "deal with [me]." When my husband came home that same night he was chipper and we made peace before he left for Disneyland.

Now I know being alcoholic places me always to blame by default, but I just can't shake how deeply it hurt me that he called me a "worthless wife." Combined with my shame of relapsing and his comments, I just can't seem to function properly. I have class tomorrow but I can't will myself to complete the necessary assignments and have already used up four of my five absences before I am dropped.

I want to drop the class and take it again when it is offered this November, but I fear my husband will get upset again and I just can't handle anymore insults. I just want to protect my academic record and wait till I am ready to take the class.

I guess I don't know what I am expecting from this post, but I guess I just needed to get it off my chest as I have no one to talk too.
I understand he was upset but to toss the chicken across the room is over the top.

Yes, you need to stop drinking but you might consider visiting a marriage counselor as well.