View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
My only goal each day is to not drink alcohol. I am single, unemployed, and pretty much have no social life. Alcohol replaced everything until I had nothing left. Unfortunately, there is no instruction manual on how to start life over from scratch at 43 years old. I have taken the right steps to start I think. I have a new sponsor who lost everything, ended up homeless and drinking mouthwash on the street, and now owns a house, car, new career etc.

I sometimes think I am too old and too far gone to have the life I envisioned before alcohol took over. All I can do is trust my sponsor and people in AA/SR. Won't drink today!
I kind of think there is an instruction manual, of sorts.
Your sponsor could write it and so could I.
It is recovering alcoholics/addicts sharing with each other.....and this really worked for us....and we want to pass it on. s

The first part is the hardest I think....getting some sober time up, sitting with your feelings and seeing things that are well, very upsetting.

My most loving advice is please try not to listen to your head too much right now....all of the I am worthless stuff is horrible....I almost choked on it...one step at a time. One day at a time. You will start to look in the mirror again and say wow, what a fantastic looking human....how healthy.....and the seeds of self-esteem start to grow. s xx