View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 06:14 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Pippo

Originally Posted by BackandScared View Post
No **** Sherlock...
Alcohol (and many other drugs) provide a high that other activities stimulating your pleasure (dopamine rush) cannot. At least for a while. So nothing else, unless you also try other drugs, will give you that rush.

Whether or not that is an objective worth pursuing in life (trying desperately to go back to that 'first high' that becomes a constant low and alcohol consumption to keep the low a bit less horrible) is another question.

Many of us miss alcohol and the highs. We would have not been here otherwise. Since you are missing the 'satisfaction' provided I am guessing you are not missing a small glass of wine every now and then with the sporadic binge every two years in a wedding.

It is for you to make the decision. I find the idea of not drinking ever and giving up that 'pleasure' unbearable. I also find that same thought very scary. I once ate anchovies that made me sick the day after. I have never ever again eaten anchovies. I used to love them. Nothing tastes like anchovies and they are healthy.

The effect of the anchovies were nothing compare with a normal hangover. However, I always seem to convince myself that the alcohol is worth the pain. I don't know, but when we think like this, all is not good.

By the way, my objective is to make it to 100 days. I cannot bear the thought of longer than this. I started with 2 weeks, then 1 month, then 10 weeks, and now is 100 days. So I get where you are coming from. We all do.
Good luck.