View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 02:25 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Tailai

Originally Posted by Pippo View Post
Thank you for your kind words, sir / ma'am.

It's not that I'm putting in a conscious effort to stray from the norm. It simply is what it is. I wish I could be more in control of my emotions, and ultimately my life. It's something I definitely need to work upon, irrespective of sobriety.

I drank to simply escape. Escape everything. I engaged in other escapist behaviors as well. But those were obviously not as effective. Else, I wouldn't have needed to drink if they were.

I'm not sure if my brain is capable of producing dopamine organically. I'm not a psychiatrist. But maybe it's time I should see one.

SO happy that you've quit successfully, and are regaining your health! I have read that the liver is the only organ in an adult body capable of regenerating new healthy tissue.

I'm lucky to have gotten away without suffering severe withdrawal elements like hallucinations, DTs, shakes etc. But the headaches were awful. Looking back, probably should have consulted a doctor regarding my quitting mechanism / plan. The last liver check-up I had turned up fine, but it's been a while.

What does your new plan entail exactly, if I may ask?
Firstly, So happy to see your reply. Secondly, I’m a guy. Finally, my plan is a daily routine - exercise, first thing in the morning, practicing daily gratitude, eliminating negative thinking, which also requires daily practice, & adjusting & resetting to the inevitable down turns productively with positive energy.