View Single Post
Old 09-16-2019, 12:53 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Pippo

Originally Posted by Tailai View Post
Pippo, thanks for your two cents. You remind me of someone . . . oh yeah, me! It’s clear you are highly intelligent with a nimble mind so you’re confident in being a lone voice with your perspective the way you parry the replies. I wish you were my nephew so we could go through this together. I am highly emotional & I drank to calm down what I thought of as “mental exhilaration”. The problem came when I drank more & more & became physically dependent on the alcohol with all the associated withdrawal symptoms between drinks, even after just an hour or two. And the liver damage. So I became convinced that this drinking plan was not productive & formulated a new plan to calm down. One more positive.
Thank you for your kind words, sir / ma'am.

It's not that I'm putting in a conscious effort to stray from the norm. It simply is what it is. I wish I could be more in control of my emotions, and ultimately my life. It's something I definitely need to work upon, irrespective of sobriety.

I drank to simply escape. Escape everything. I engaged in other escapist behaviors as well. But those were obviously not as effective. Else, I wouldn't have needed to drink if they were.

I'm not sure if my brain is capable of producing dopamine organically. I'm not a psychiatrist. But maybe it's time I should see one.

SO happy that you've quit successfully, and are regaining your health! I have read that the liver is the only organ in an adult body capable of regenerating new healthy tissue.

I'm lucky to have gotten away without suffering severe withdrawal elements like hallucinations, DTs, shakes etc. But the headaches were awful. Looking back, probably should have consulted a doctor regarding my quitting mechanism / plan. The last liver check-up I had turned up fine, but it's been a while.

What does your new plan entail exactly, if I may ask?