View Single Post
Old 09-13-2019, 08:48 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
yooper01

I was with my husband 29 yrs. He drank through most of it. When he did quit he turned to Oxycontin. I had told him I'd divorce him if he didn't quit. He was on his 3rd DUI. The oxy was worse. He ended up doing prison time for the oxy addiction. I stayed by him 5 yrs while he was in prison. As soon as he walked out the doors he said he was going to drink again. His drugs and drinking effected our son and now our son in the same spot. My husband left with some women he picked up with and returned to his drinking and drug use. I divorced him in 2012. He cut contact with both our children. He has one love and alcohol is it. I haven't seen or talked to him in 7-8 yrs now. Since he left my life has greatly improved. I bought a small Hobby Farm and have a boyfriend who doesn't drink a drop. Life is good. For my now X-husband, life not so good. I think back on the yrs and know that I could of bought many houses from the money he spent on alcohol, drugs, wreaked cars and legal fees. Stress gone from my life and I'm healthier. My husband gave me the same speech also. He then found a women who would accept the drinking. Go talk to an attorney and start the divorce process. Get your child support and spousal support going. Focus on yourself and improving your life. I went to college on grants and excelled in criminal justice/psy. I just retired from being a Sup in a prison for 29 yrs. I have a good retirement going. My X-husband has nothing going. The drinking will effect your children's lives. I'm dealing with that with my son now. I did 29 yrs of "hard time" with my alcoholic/drug addicted husband. I look back on those wasted yrs of my life with sadness. I should of walked so much sooner.