View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 11:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Don W

I understand there are different views about drugs. However, from experence people should only stop under a doctors care. When first comming around AA, many old timers pushed new people to stop medication, saying they couldn't consider themself sober.
One of my friends stoped taking medication so that he could recieve his 30 day chip. He never recieved the 30 day chip. Not because he drank again but, be cause he killed himself being off the medication. I have decided that leaving this post for information is the best route to take. However Bike, I'm concerned that this link is mostly expressing their own adjenda. unless I missed it, no place did they take the health of those patients on medication, when telling them to stop. Are they suggesting that today I flush my Meds and stop taking them? There is no mention, that I saw, to consult ones doctor. Even if they don't like Heathcare professionals, they should at least warn people to see their regular doctor before stopping. I've seen simalr groups have the same issues with Blood pressure meds, heart meds etc. The is a guy on TV pushing people to stop cancer medications etc. Knowing you I believe you are simply trying to pass alternative solutions along. But, knowing you, I don't think you'd suggest stopping without medical advice. Right?