Old 09-02-2019, 11:18 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
saoutchik
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
Me too. I think I'm now that low and beat down that booze has started to good again. I'm going to the doctors on Wednesday to see about upping psych meds/going on a waiting list for counselling.

This sobriety thing blows right now.
If you and dpac (or anyone for that matter) think what will happen after you have picked up the first drink , after you have gone to bed that night, (if you do) after you have woken up the next day... well you can see where i'm going with this. On SR the shorthand for thinking it through to the end is "playing the tape." Life is tough sometimes, even for non drinkers so it's only natural to want to take a break from reality sometimes but a book, a film or a walk would be a much better way. You're both doing really well, keep hanging in there because it won't always be this hard.

I hope they were not too rough with the cattle bim. It's not as if they chose to be there.

Have a grrreat Labor Day to all in the US!

I think I mentioned that I was due to fight a duel today. Well I did and won by tampering with the springs on my opponent's nerf gun. Fitting because as far as i'm concerned, from this day onwards the River Thames rises at Seven Springs rather than Thames Head. So there.