View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 11:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NicLin

Hurricane Dorien and The Old Me

We are about to get pummeled this weekend by Mr. Dorien!!!

Miami's energy is always crazy during hurricane warnings and watches, people start panicking and emptying out the gas and stores. You can feel the city's anxiety in anticipation. It's exciting and nerve wracking at the same time.

And Miami is notorious for throwing "hurricane parties." It's just another reason for people to drink heavily, and I used to partake. People empty out the liquor stores to get messed during a storm that could be potentially life threatening (which now sounds so insane to me, what if you need to ACT?!)

This hurricane, as I sit boarded up with my family, having really nothing to do because we may lose power for a few days, I know what I will be doing. Resting, meditating, playing games with my family, having some heart to hearts, working out and resting some more. And having fun outside once the winds start picking up (in true Miamian fashion of course!).

I am happy to be sober to be safe and show up for my family during this rough weather time.

Hopefully I can still log on, it will make landfall on Sunday evening and most likely hang out on FL for a day.

I hope anyone in FL stays safe!

Nic