Thread: Starting here
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 10:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
fletchling

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Hello and welcome. I you want to quit boozing you are off to good start by coming here. If you are not a people person per se unless your boozing. Thats ok . I dont go to AA or in person stuff. However I do alot of reading. If you have not read the blue AA book I would suggest you do so. Be amazed how accurate it is . but anyways. If you want to pull the trigger and get sober then do it. For the most part not drinking is the easy part. Its staying sober that folks stumble on. And like some folks said and myself I wish I jad that mind set at your age. But hey better late than never for me. I am at day 114 sober. And what works for me is coming here reading and posting . you are not alone here.
Thank you SoberRican and well done for your 114! I cannot remember when I wouldn't have had a drink for such long time - might have been in my teens, hoping to follow your example and start from here. It's not so much that I'm not a people person, I love people but I do struggle liking myself instead. I'll look out for that book! All the best.