View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 01:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SoberCAH

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
So I'm pretty happy with how my recovery's going, other than feeling insecure, especially regarding going back into the workplace (I've been unemployed a few months). I don't really have to put up with the AV these days (nearly four months in) but I do have a different kind of AV - an Anxious Voice, shall we say. Now I'm sure we all do to varying degrees, it's just mine is keeping me frozen in place, scared to venture out and seriously look for suitable jobs. I have only ever been a bartender you see, and I am rather clueless about it all. I even have pre-employment support at the treatment centre I went through, so I can't say I don't have the help.

I just have the fear, you know.

Anyway, just thought I'd share where I'm at. I know - from where I've come - that it's not the worst place to be, it just feels like until I get through this time I'm stuck in a recovery - and a life - plateau.

I guess I just don't really know what I want yet - from both work and life in general. And I don't have enough people to talk to. So here I am, talking!

It'll be an interesting journey I'm sure, once I get out a bit more...
I would never risk my sobriety tending bar.

I'm not faulting you for thinking differently, but I just couldn't do it.

I would be spooked by it today, and I've been sober for quite a few years.

My downside risks of drinking are losing everything in life and dying a miserable death.

I'm not putting that on the line for a job.

I wish you much success with your decision.